Thursday, February 17, 2022

Keychron K1 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch

 

This is very late review (see some dust in the box :-) )

When you are doing a lot of typing a good keyboard is a must. Laptop keyboard is mostly ok but sometimes having a separate keyboard add some adventure in a bored WFH setup for most people. As a software engineer, I do a lot of typing in my furnace like Dell laptop. I have an external monitor which is a must for productivity and it is more pleasant to the eyes. Laptop screen is just ok but added real estate of an external monitor helps see more code and of course, it is great in watching Netflix and Youtube :-).

Looking around the internet I found the Keychron which look good in the picture and some videos. I ended buying the one without the number pad as I don't want a long keyboard and I don't normally use them. 


The keyboard really looks great. I bought the RGB variant as I don't want to get bored by just having a white backlit. Multiple colors is better, I guess.


I like the feedback of the brown key. Tactile is not soft nor springy. Just feel right if you are typing for a couple of hours. It has also some slanting to it, similar to a Macbook Air to prevent carpal tunnel, I guess, or just to make it more easy on your hands. But putting some feet to it makes it more fun to use. 


Bought Nilkin laptop feet to help add some height on the keyboard to make it more comfortable to use. 

Initially, I encountered some bluetooth connection issue but I think it was due to Windows rather than the keyboard since I have not encounter the same issue after a couple of Windows update. Also, to conserve the battery, the keyboard shutoff after a few minutes of being idle and will take around 2-3 seconds to wake up. 

I bought the keyboard for 4,740.00 PHP in Lazada but currently it's price is 3,640.00 PHP! That is more than 1K discount!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Keychron K1 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch

  This is very late review (see some dust in the box :-) ) When you are doing a lot of typing a good keyboard is a must. Laptop keyboard is ...