Friday, August 31, 2018

Orient Bambino White Dial-Rose Gold - #AC00002W

My second automatic watch and it is hand-wind too.

Honestly, I’ve no idea about Orient brand... 

I know of Swatch, Seiko, Citizen, Casio and other brand I normally see at shopping malls and the watch my family and friends own (Rolex and Omega are not in my list, so you know that I am not rich). Maybe because they don't do mainstream advertisement which is why people like myself don't know or has little knowledge of this brand (I might be wrong though). I was introduced to this  watch brand after reading the Philippine watch collector's forum, i.e. www.philippinewatchclub.org. They (the experts) say that Orient is a good Japanese watch brand. Quality is at par with Seiko and Citizen and it is budget-friendly too.

I am new to watch collection. I just started collecting automatic and quartz watches. As I don’t have budget for high-end watches, I make sure that I will bought only the watch that is within my budget and I can practically use. I don’t want to buy a watch that will end up in a display. I think when you are tight in a budget, you look for other practical reasons why you want to build a watch collection.

At may age (46 years old), I want to collect a watch that I can hand down to  my kids. Something that will last a couple of decades (or outlast me) which they can enjoy and appreciate. I know nowadays that people are more keen to own ‘smart watch’ than quartz or automatic ones. Probably only a few breeds are left still wanting a watch that just tell time and leave the smart thing to the wearer. I would presume those are people who was able to enjoy the old technologies and the new cutting-edge ones. I am talking things like pager, Nokia 5110 and bulky television. People who lived in my teenage era are those that love their not-so-smart watch. Those are the people I know will appreciate automatic watches.


I am not into diver's watch…

I like dress watch more which I can wear during church services and on some formal and semi-formal occasions. I first seen a Bambino white dial at lazada.ph. I like the look of the watch and the price is quite within my budget. I started looking for other Bambino watch design in the internet and luckily I found the longislandwatch.com which published reviews of the Bambinos. I immediately fell in-love with the rose gold with white dial. So, I tasked myself of finding where I can buy this watch locally. I search the internet further and found the philippinewatchclub.org where there are traders that offers Bambino at a competitive price. Compare to lazada.ph price of 9,000 plus, I got my Bambino for 7.5K pesos.

The payment is thru BPI deposit to the seller account. It is the risk that I have to take when I decided to buy from the 'gray' market. Lucky for me, the seller is the honest one. I got my shining Bambino after 3 days which the seller shipped thru LBC (YARI ang padala but not this time).

The watch is awesome!
Perfect as a dress watch, very simple and few complications but elegant. Shiny rose gold plated body and hour and minute arms moving over the white dial. I personally like the leather band which doesn’t feel cheap. It is semi-shiny which is perfect and quality is superb. The size is perfect for my small wrist and height is not thick. The watch is really a head-turner but not loud enough to get too much attention. I would say, this is a great watch better than my Seiko, definitely!


Another thing I really love about this watch is the power reserve. I just have to wind it once a day which is enough to make the watch work like a horse for more than one day. This is a beautiful watch which I will definitely enjoy for a long time.






Attention to detail. Very nice.

















Perfect for my wrist. Rose gold is really a star!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Keychron K1 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch

  This is very late review (see some dust in the box :-) ) When you are doing a lot of typing a good keyboard is a must. Laptop keyboard is ...